NDMC stops anti-encroachment drive in Jahangirpuri following Supreme Court order

The Supreme Court of India.

The Supreme Court of India.

Bulldozers razed several structures in savagery hit Jahangirpuri on Wednesday during anti-encroachment drive by the North Delhi Municipal Corporation however it was halted inside the space of hours following a Supreme Court request.

The anti-encroachment drive went on even after the Supreme Court guided specialists to stop it.

A NDMC official, mentioning namelessness, said the drive proceeded as a result of the shortfall of a composed request from the Supreme Court.

It was halted when the request was gotten, the authority added.

The Supreme Court guided the summit court secretary-general to pass the request on to stop destruction in the uproars hit Jahangirpuri here to the NDMC city chairman and Delhi police chief right away.

A seat headed by Chief Justice NV Ramana, in the forenoon, requested the halting of the drive and furthermore consented to hear an appeal testing the activity of the metro bodies supposedly pointed against the blamed for the common offenses.

Read Also : India logs 2,067 new Covid-19 cases, active cases in country rise to 12,340

Notwithstanding the pinnacle court’s bearings, tractors were seen demolishing structures almost a mosque in Jahangirpuri’s C Block where viciousness had emitted on April 16. The drive happened for 90 minutes.

Nonetheless, North Delhi Municipal Corporation Mayor Raja Iqbal Singh said the drive had been halted right after the Supreme Court request.

“We will follow the Supreme Court orders. We have halted the drive. The metro apparatus there is presently just lifting the trash and different things lying on the streets nearby,” Singh told PTI. PTI

Read Also : Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa admits mistakes led to economic crisis

1 thought on “NDMC stops anti-encroachment drive in Jahangirpuri following Supreme Court order

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.